Monday, October 28, 2013

Creative Creations DT - Sassy Studio Designs - Books

Greetings

I have been very busy with Halloween and Christmas cards and crafts so it was really refreshing to do a card that was very different.
This card I did for the the CREATIVE CREATIONS DT the theme of the challenge is Books (inspired by books) I chose to do this cute little Fairy Sassy tinker from SASSY STUDIO DESIGNS.

We would love if you would come over and play, take part in this awesome challenge and strand the chance of winning 4 Digi's from Sassy Studio Designs!!

I have always loved the story of Peter Pan and Wendy, and Neverland has always appealed to me and always been somewhere I could like to see my self living.  It has all the things that appeal to me, and fairies yes fairies like Tinkerbell ... I love tinkerbell!  She was essentially the only female in Neverland and yet managed to keep all the boys in line, what a woman!

One of my favourite quotes from the book:

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”
― J.M. Barrie



Sassy Tinker - Pop up card





For this card I used an A5 card folded and then a pop up of Sassy Tinker on the inside, I coloured her with copics and the paper in the "book"  is Pebbles.




 The thought behind my card was to make the base look all old and vintage as the original Peter Pan was written in 1911 and then I made lil Tinker Sassy all bright as she is known and loved in the Disney movies today, the contrast is just beautiful.

There are so many other beautiful quotes from the book and I would love to share a couple more of my fairy fav's :

 
“One girl is worth more use than 20 boys.”
― J.M. Barrie

 

“All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.”
― J.M. Barrie


Thanks so much for reading till the end, as always if you have any queries about this or any other project you have seen here I will be happy to answer what I can, ALL comments will be greatly appreciated.

Till next Time, keep it crafty


No comments:

Post a Comment